Meeting The Staff At The Royal Elephant
2005 was a good year for the Royal Elephant restaurant; it was when owner Patrick Rush head hunted his new 5 star team. Manageress Kanokphan Malawong and her husband Khonghpop Malawong head chef, joined the Royal Elephant after successfully managing 5 star establishments throughout the Thai capitol Bangkok. They were then recruited to travel and help set up Thai cuisine in Israel, this they did very successfully until they were highly recommended to Patrick Rush in 2005. They were only too glad to take on the running of the Royal Elephant here in the UK. They have now recruited and completed their full team joining them is sous chef MR Vira Somboon and second chef Mr Hiran Sawetnarin, who both bring a wealth of experience with them in Thai cuisine. The Royal Elephants newest arrivals are Kewalin Sawetnarin assistant manageress and Kiran Kumar your specialist wine waiter. The staff at the Royal Elephant are here to make your dining experience unique, nothing is too much trouble.
We would like to take this opportunity to welcome old and new customers to sample 5 star dining along with true Thai hospitality.
- MANAGERESS Kanokphan Malawong and Her husband head chef Kongphop Malawong joined the Royal Elephant in 2006 after spending 19 years successfully running a number of Thai restaurant throughout Israel and Bangkok.
Over the past 2 years they have been developing and assembling there own team to work at the Royal Elephant, Hiran Sawetnalin specialist in European cuisine and Vira Somboon specialist in Thai cuisine, add this combination to head chef Kongphop Malawong’s expertise and give you the 5 star treatment you can expect from the Royal Elephant.
- Head Chef Kongphop Malawong joins The Royal Elephant in the UK after 18 successful years serving the finest Thai cuisine throughout Israel ,and now he has assembled his team here in the UK with the Royal Elephant and he is looking forward to serving old and new customer alike with only the finest Thai food.
- Chef Hiran Specialises in appetisers. He uses only the finest, freshest ingredients and vegetables. He is is looking forward to preparing truly unique Thai dishes for you
- Our Chef Vira Sombon specialising in fish and seafood dishes working out of some of the finest eateries in Bangkok for the last 15 years now joins The Royal Elephant team here in the UK and he is looking forward to serving you with the finest Thai seafood dishes
- Kewalin Assitant manangeress of The Royal Elephant. Is looking forward to welcoming new and old customers. Sa Wad dee Ka (Hello)
Head wine waiter
- Kiran joined The Royal Elephant after successfully serving on some of the finest cruise ships travelling around the world he is looking forward to serving you with the finest wine available .
Sa wad dee krap (hello)